Thursday, October 4, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Muffins


Canadian thanksgiving is this weekend, and I couldn’t be more excited! My cousins have invited me out to Pemberton, and I hear it is just beautiful up there. Fall foods are my favorite- And I now that the pumpkin spice lattes are available at starbucks, it is getting out of control. This recipe is super healthy, and definitely satisfies my pumpkin cravings (I will not be skipping that pumpkin pie, though!). These guys are great for breakfast, or perhaps a snack during stats class? (I didn’t bring enough with me!) Recipe adapted from The Goddess of Baking. Enjoy!

-Jillian


Ingredients:
  • 1-1/4 cups flour 
  • 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar, packed 
  • 2 Teaspoon Baking Powder 
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda 
  • 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon 
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg 
  • 1/8 Teaspoon Cloves 
  • 1-1/2 Cup Rolled Oats 
  • 1 Egg 
  • 1 Cup Pureed Pumpkin 
  • 1/4 Cup Milk 
  • 1/4 Cup vanilla yogurt 
+ Extra oats for topping

Thoroughly combine flour, oats, sugar, soda, baking powder, and spices in a bowl. Add pumpkin, egg, milk, and yogurt. Mix well, and divide into a muffin tin of 12. Top with extra oats. Bake at 375 for 17 minutes, or until cooked thoroughly. Makes 12 muffins.


No comments:

Post a Comment